Are you looking for an opportunity to join an organization that offers a broad range of services ranging from hospital and clinics to residential services for youth? If so, you may have an interest in this role. As a Shipping and Receiving Clerk, you will work with the Hospital Purchasing Manager, and will be responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing supplies to the hospital/clinic and applicable departments while ensuring excellent customer service.
Schedule: M-F/6 AM-2:30 PM / 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Processes incoming shipments by checking the integrity of all deliveries.
- Unpacks all deliveries matching packing slip with product to include condition of product/equipment, catalog numbers, quantities, descriptions, expiration dates, and sizes of items.
- Investigates and reconciles deliveries without packing slips keeping open communication with Materials Buyers and Purchasing Manager.
- Processes delivery receipts daily and research incorrect shipments to ensure accurate information is available to ensure inventory accuracy and invoices can be paid in a timely manner.
- Delivers supplies to appropriate departments within the hospital and clinics, or communicates the need for pick-up
- Assists with receiving all temperature sensitive deliveries and notifies the appropriate department arrival of the product(s) or promptly delivers them
- Examines all products/equipment received for outside damage
- Collaborates with staff to set and adjust inventory par levels as necessary.
- Ensures accurate tracking and documentation of supply data such as back orders, manufacturer numbers, expiration dates, product recalls, lot numbers, etc... as needed.
- Rotates placement of stock items on the shelves according to expiration dates for inventory turnover purposes, ensuring the oldest product is used first according to expiration dates.
- Unpacks and assist with storage of items received using procedures for handling sterile/non-sterile supplies, as required.
- Accurately prepares product/equipment for shipping all returns utilizing appropriate transport and documentation.
- Demonstrates and appropriate level of understanding, awareness, and compliance with applicable The Joint Commission (TJC), Federal, State, and agency laws, regulations, guidelines, and professional standards.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the departments.
- Performs routine cleaning of supply carts, totes, etc... following approved infection control procedures.
- Provides input into VAT decisions.
- Engages in day-to-day process resolution.
- Supports deviations from normal supply processes and emergent requests.
- Participates in inventory counting as needed.
- Maintains open communication with Purchasing Manager as well as hospital and clinic leaders.
- Engages in Performance Improvement projects.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work independently and/or team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to pay close attention to details. Ensure consistent and accurate receipt and delivery of products and services to appropriate departments.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with all different levels of staff.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving packages.
- Ability to perform primary and secondary supply management roles.
- Basic computer skills in order to perform data entry work.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents.
- Ability to travel to various locations throughout BTNRH facilities.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required,
- Previous shipping and receiving experience, preferred,
- Minimum of three years of operating room experience, preferred,
- Minimum of 2 years of functional experience maintaining operating room/ medical supplies, required,
- Ability to pay close attention to details,
- Good oral and written skills,
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task,
- Experience with computerized inventory control/purchasing system, preferred.
Medium to heavy work, exerting from 10 pounds of force continuously, 25 pounds of force frequently, and up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.