Boys Town is looking for an individual who is mission driven and passionate about helping others. We are looking for an Accountant II. This role will offer support to our accounting department. In this role you will have responsibilities that include preparing and reviewing monthly journal entries, preparation of financial reports, maintain accounting controls etc. Exercises discretion, judgment, and initiative concerning the accounting activities of Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH).
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assists in preparation and the monitoring of BTNRH operating and capital budgets.
- Prepares month-end closing entries for BTNRH, including general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries, and assures month-end schedules are met.
- Reconciles cash posted to patient accounting system to daily bank deposits.
- Reconciles petty cash for BTNRH.
- Reviews and implements policies and procedures.
- Reviews travel expense reports for accuracy.
- Trains personal on business purchasing card.
- Reviews purchasing card statements.
- Responsible for non-patient billings.
- Prepares monthly non-patient billings for various departments within BTNRH.
- Verifies that third party vendors are billed.
- Prepares financial reports as requested and reviews expense and revenue variances.
- Assists in the implementation of appropriate accounting and budgetary systems, controls, reports and records necessary to support the financial operation of BTNRH.
- Assists outside auditors and FFBH accountants and auditors as necessary.
- Interprets FFBH policies concerning budgetary, financial, accounting, purchasing, and related business matters, and coordinates with FFBH as necessary.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management.
- Ability to independently apply generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply knowledge necessary for application of computerized spreadsheet, data base, and accounting systems.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a healthcare environment or 10+ years of experience in healthcare accounting.
- Experience with personal computers, excel spreadsheet software and operate a 10-key calculator proficiently, as well as general ledger software is highly desirable.
- Must have demonstrated general ledger accounting and financial analysis experience.
Sedentary to light work, occasionally exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions such as in typical office or administrative work.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.