$1,000.00 Hiring Bonus
Are you looking for an entry level opportunity to get your foot in the door with one of Omaha's best employers? Boys Town is adding a Donor Relations Associate to the team. This role builds, maintains and cultivates donor relationships and provides departmental administrative support. We are looking for an individual with solid communication skills, will take initiative and is detail oriented.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Maintains and cultivates donor relationships and provides administrative support.
- Engages donors and prospective donors in an appropriate manner and cultivates the relationships with an emphasis on handling of special gifts including Recurring Gifts, Tribute Gifts, and Gifts-in-Kind.
- Responds to donor inquiries as appropriate and prepares appropriate letters for specialized donor correspondence, monitoring and following up as needed.
- Enters and updates donor records accurately and proficiently complying with established policies and procedures and ensuring database integrity.
- Provides administrative support including preparing reports and materials, scanning and indexing files, and responding to requests.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of donor relations and development practices.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Strong knowledge of Boys Town model and fidelity of care.
- Service orientation and commitment to assisting donors with enthusiasm.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including administrative; donor relations experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires little to moderate physical activity. Mostly sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. No significant stooping is usually required.
Work is typically in a normal office administrative environment involving minimal exposure to physical risks.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted:February 24, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.