The Research Analyst assists with and completes research and evaluation projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Participates in planning research and evaluation activities.
- Assists with designing, developing, and implementing evaluation and research projects.
- Makes recommendations regarding priorities and future directions of research projects.
- Applies current knowledge of relevant literatures to the development and implementation of intervention programs.
- Remains knowledgeable about pertinent professional literature and extracts information that addresses the research and evaluation needs of organizational programs.
- Serves as team leader and member on internal research projects.
- Assists with completion of specific research and evaluation studies.
- Serves as a member of research and program development project teams and maintains project data.
- Collects, enters, and analyzes data; manages data files, ensuring accuracy and security of data.
- Writes and presents regular reports on relevant research and evaluation activities.
- Collaborates with team members to prepare and present results of research projects to internal and external audiences and assists with writing articles for professional publications.
- Trains and consults with data collection staff at project sites as necessary; consults with other research analysts concerning best practices for managing, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Assists with writing research grant proposals to secure extramural funding.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of research methodology and statistical analysis; SPSS programming skills.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to translate complex data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards. Ability to successfully work with a team of associates.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Psychology, Sociology, related area, or equivalent; Masters degree is preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience including research.
- Available to travel.
About Boys Town Nebraska:
A National Historic Landmark since 1985, the Village of Boys Town is now the only National Historic Landmark District in Nebraska. At any given time, about 400 boys and girls live in the Village, receiving care and guidance for a wide range of behavioral, emotional and academic issues. When Father Edward J. Flanagan purchased the Overlook Farm in 1921, it became the new, permanent site of Boys Town. Over the decades that followed, schools, churches and homes were built, and tens of thousands of young lives were transformed.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: March 25, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.