Boys Town is seeking a Pre-Admissions Assistant to join the team. We are looking for an individual who has solid administrative skills, strong communication skills and has experience within the Health Care field. In this role, you will be responsible for the administrative functions for the department, while maintaining confidentiality. This is a fast-paced environment so the ability to multitask and stay organized is a priority.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Organizes workload to comply with deadlines and priorities established by Pre-Admissions Supervisor.
- Receives and screens visitors in the department and answers telephone calls for Pre-Admissions. Notifies appropriate personnel or records messages.
- Answers telephone general inquiries concerning department/unit activities and operations by relating or referring to established policies and procedures.
- Monitors incoming faxes and distributes to appropriate person.
- Coordinates with other medical facilities to obtain required documents, i.e., history and physicals, lab reports, cardiology notes, EKG reports, anesthesia records and any other documentation needed for the chart and faxes/scans all to HIM.
- Reviews charts needing required documentation for the next day and organizes future patient charts.
- Creates care grids in NextGen Clinicals.
- Orders office supplies and paper supplies.
- Manages office equipment.
- Other Duties: The job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to read and write to proof and perform minor editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine office correspondence, reports and forms at a level normally acquired through high school education.
- Interpersonal skills requiring extraordinary courtesy necessary to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to apply basic analytical skills necessary to maintain alphabetic and/or numeric filing system and organize workload according to established priorities.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for work activities (e.g., filing, typing, calculating, proofing materials, taking messages).
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment such as a telephone, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, personal computer, stapler, letter opener and the like. Performs related general office duties such as monitoring and ordering supplies and maintains office fax and copy machines, calling for service if needed.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to follow appropriate chain of command within BTNRH and communicate issues.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required,
- One year certificate in secretarial science or related field, preferred,
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience in an office setting,
- Good understanding of general office procedures,
- Medical terminology experience preferred,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills,
- Computer experience in application software with an aptitude for learning different software programs,
- Must be detail oriented,
- Flexibility in duties performed, and
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and follow HIPAA guidelines is a must.
Sedentary to light work, occasionally having to exert up to 20 pounds of force.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Extended viewing of CRT screen.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.