Business: Boys Town
Boys Town's Organization Learning and Development team is seeking an individual who is dynamic, creative, and a relationship builder. This individual will fill the role of Senior Organization Development Consultant. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and addressing development needs of employees and the organization. You will also help build a culture of continuous learning and instill a growth mindset across the organization. The position will also concentrate on leadership development, performance management, and talent management to include career pathing and succession planning while working with leaders across the Boys Town organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Provides current and emerging leaders with opportunities to learn, grow, and change in order to enhance the quality of leadership within the organization.
- Strategizes, plans, and executes organizational talent management initiatives such as talent inventory, succession planning, identifying organizational competencies, goal setting, effective and efficient overall employee review processes.
- Conducts continual needs assessment to identify unique learning opportunities for leaders.
- Designs, procures and delivers leadership development programs.
- Develops and facilitates ongoing supervisory/management training.
- Establishes continuous communication with partners that builds trust, partnership, collaboration, and commitment.
- Identifies talent gaps through assessments and assists in the creation of individual development plans that are aligned with multi-year growth plans.
- Links individual employee development to the strategic direction of the organization.
- Supports the development of high potential employees to create pipeline of talent.
- Provides coaching to managers on how to manage their employees' career development.
- Utilizes performance consulting tools and methodologies to determine employee performance needs and identify gaps between needed and actual performance and determines appropriate intervention.
- Creates, plans, and administers programs from start to finish including project planning, gaining key stakeholder support, process design, organizational change, communication strategies and execution of the project/process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Human Resources partners and business partners.
- Facilitates performance improvement discussions and presentations to upper-level management.
- Plans, designs, and implements curriculum-based learning solutions.
- Leverages synchronous and asynchronous learning styles; delivers solutions via classroom, online, Web, and virtual learning environments.
- Partners with employees at all levels of the organization to manage and determine creative content solutions.
- Identifies and tracks key metrics to determine overall effectiveness of learning and development initiatives.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of leadership development, succession planning, performance and change management, employee engagement tools and techniques and performance coaching techniques.
- Strong understanding of adult learning theories & principles (ADDIE/SAM). Emphasis on information gathering/needs analysis i.e., writing/designing targeted surveys and facilitating focus groups.
- Proven ability to lead employee engagement programs and initiatives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and create process and structure in program/initiatives where it does not currently exist.
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong consulting and coaching skills with demonstrated ability to influence.
- Ability to translate complex theory and data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Organization Development, related field, or equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years of experience including performance or talent management, leadership development, performance consulting, competencies, career pathing, and succession planning.
- Experience leading employee engagement initiatives preferred.
- Experience in Workday preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires little to moderate physical activity. Handling of average-weight objects up to 20 pounds, or standing and/or walking or at a keyboard, workstation, or desk.
Work is typically in a normal office administrative environment involving minimal exposure to physical risks.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.