Business: Boys Town
$1,500 Hiring Bonus
We are also offering Relocation to those that qualify!
Job Summary :
In a career as an In-Home Family Services Consultant, you can change a family's life. Every family has its problems, but some families' problems threaten their very existence. Drug and alcohol addiction, domestic abuse, adolescent defiance, and behavioral challenges are some of the issues that our team works to overcome as they strive to keep struggling families together. Your work here will not only be life-changing but lifesaving.
As an employee of Boys Town, we will train you and provide a two-week orientation where you learn about our model of care. Upon completion of training, Family Consultants receive high quality supervision and support, which includes consultation meetings and observations with their immediate supervisor. Our team is dedicated and works closely together to support one another in helping families succeed.
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week. Must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be available to work on-call rotationally to provide crisis response.
*You will be in charge of managing your schedule and must have the flexibility to meet with our clients at a time that is convenient for them.
Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families, with community service organizations, and referral sources.
- Teaches skills to families based on self-identified areas the family wants to improve on, as well as needs identified in the family's referral.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
- Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Meets with families and children at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized.
- Prepares proper documentation and service plans in a timely manner as defined by the program.
- Reports any critical incidents involving family members or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
- Serve as a role model in carrying out the Boys Town mission. Promotes culture of professionalism through role modeling and respect.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, but candidate meeting the requirements identified in the contract may be considered.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. Must have the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
About Boys Town : Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, relocation assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 29, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.