Business: Boys Town
In a career as an on-call Bilingual Common Sense Parenting Trainer, you have the ability to help a parent in their first step towards bettering the lives of their family. You will help parents learn new skills, build on their parenting strengths, and develop healthy relationships with their children. Numerous families and children benefit each year from these classes, now all we need is you.
Schedule: Must be flexible! Work up to 10 hours per week. Typically evening hours and will include weekends.
- Presents Common Sense Parenting classes as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and productive learning environment (i.e. role plays, question and answer sessions, one on one sessions).
- Coordinates additional services as part of class preparation (i.e. childcare, food).
- Reviews survey responses to improve presentations.
- Collects and enters performance data into the National Data Base as well as any additional contract-specific data.
- Coaches parents effectively to apply course content.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies in good condition.
- Utilizes own vehicle to travel to conduct training.
- Represents the organization with community engagement efforts and solicits potential funders.
- Collaborates frequently in the effort to reach participants and motivates them to attend and complete Common Sense Parenting classes.
- May present short informational or marketing sessions to entice parents to attend Common Sense Parenting classes.
- Acts as a liaison with community organizations striving to partner with a parent education program.
- Travels to conduct outreach activities.
- Successfully completes the Common Sense Parenting Training for Trainers Workshop and maintains training credentials.
- Participates in credentialing and program evaluation activities including videotaping or direct observation of training sessions.
- Participates with supervisor in active self-development as a trainer to support participant growth and as a parent through attendance at consultation meetings and review of consumer feedback.
- Completes required professional training workshops.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent ability to speak, read and write both English and Spanish required.
- Successful completion of the Trainer for Common Sense Parenting workshop.
- Must provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job.
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts, and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: December 3, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.