Business: Boys Town
The Parent Child Plus Learning Specialist works independently with toddlers (2-4 years old) and families conducting bi-weekly visits involving reading activities and playing games with the aim of preparing the child for school. Year-round schedule will serve Palm Beach County.
Schedule: Full Time
Prepares toddlers for school.
Establishes rapport and develops relationships with families relating to parents and other adults as peers or equal partners in providing help to the child.
- Meets with assigned program families twice per week for 30 minutes to conduct lesson plans as directed in the given curriculum.
- Implements and completes approved strategies.
- Provides appropriate educational materials to program families.
- Observes parents as they model teaching behaviors.
- Maintains adequate documentation of services provided and clearly documented case notes to include family home visits in family folders adhering to family confidentiality.
- Enters accurate and timely data into the Healthy Beginnings Data System (HBDS) and the PCHP Management Information System (MIS), ensuring compliance with 41 data points measured on the CPPA report by the funder.
- Submits referrals to the Early Learning Coalition (ELC) for childcare assistance.
- Makes referrals for essential needs (i.e. furniture, clothing, bus passes, etc.) as needed.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Bilingual English/Creole required.
- 2 years of experience working with families and toddlers including experience working in an educational, social services, or family literacy setting.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
About Boys Town South Florida:
Building brighter futures at Boys Town South Florida since 1991, we have grown our services and programs to touch the lives of 17,000 children and families in the sunshine state each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town South Florida. Our hub is located in sunny West Palm Beach, and we are just steps away from all the best that South Florida has to offer! With beaches, shopping, arts and culture, Major League Baseball and college sports of all kinds there is no end to the ways to enjoy your off-work hours. Our Boys Town family is important to us, and we make sure to support our team through a staff and family picnic, chili cook-off and of course some friendly competition with game night! We might even surprise you with a teambuilding exercise at the local escape room. The culture of Boys Town South Florida is committed to our current and future leaders through tuition assistance, scholarship opportunities and the ability to participate in a variety of professional development courses.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 21st, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.