Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: In a career as a Senior Youth Care Worker, you play a big part in making a difference in changing a youths life. Youth come to the Boys Town Family Home Program for a variety of reasons, such as: family or school issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, or involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by teaching them appropriate social, academic and independent living skills. We strive to give Boys Town Kids the fulfilling lives they deserve.
- Receives referral calls and makes appropriate recommendations to supervisor for placement.
- Completes documentation for youth admission, discharge, and incident reports Interacts with program consumers.
- May provide consultation with youths family on Boys Town continuum of services.
- May assist in the coordination and/or transition of youth to services within the Boys Town continuum or to other community services.
- May engage families and provide an assessment of needs in order to make referrals as needed.
- Trains and mentors Youth Care Workers as outlined in the Youth Care Workers Staff Development Plan.
- Models appropriate relationships with youth and staff.
- Assesses and monitors youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills according to individualized service plans.
- Provides input on Service Planning for youth.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth.
- Attends supervision, staff, and shift transition meetings.
- Observe and participate in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions as needed.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth to and from school, appointments, and outings.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2 years of experience working with at risk youth; Boys Town Model experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
About Boys Town Central Florida:
Join us in sunny Florida as a part of Boys Town Central Florida, where our programs and services touch the lives of 7,600 children and families each year. The largest campus area outside the Village of Boys Town, Nebraska, Boys Town Central Florida opened in 1986 in Oviedo.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Central Florida. Looking ahead, we are continuing to expand our programs across the community and grow our 55-acre campus. Outside of work, the entertainment never ends in the middle of the Sunshine State. Like basketball? Our site is home to the Orlando Magic NBA team, and we get tickets! Want a taste of what college football rivalries mean in the state of Florida? Catch a game at the UCF, one of the fastest growing college football programs in the country. We also can't forget about the local theme parks ranging from Walt Disney World Resort and their newest park, Star Wars Galaxy Edge, to Universal Studios, where you can relive all the movies of your past and present.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 19th, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.