Business: Boys Town
- If you have a passion to work with auditing and ensuring contract compliance and have a desire to be a part of a cohesive and collaborative HR team, this role is for you. In the role, as a HumanResources Specialist you will have responsibility for assisting with the coordination, collection and quality checking of on-boarding and recurring records in support of organization wide compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Maintains the record keeping and data collection functions required for compliance with federal and state employment laws, COA, The Joint Commission, state licensing, EEO/AA, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Obtains and manages information for the Human Resources Information System.
- Obtains proper documentation to satisfy State Licensing, as well as necessary documentation to meet minimum qualifications for positions organization wide.
- Verifies paperwork is complete in preparation for audits by licensing agencies such as Joint Commission, COA, etc.
- Assists with the coordination of new employee orientation by assembling rosters and distributing information to facilitators, preparing welcome packets, auditing attendance, and monitoring the return of required paperwork.
- Creates new employee personnel files and performs on-going file maintenance to ensure compliance.
- Ensures that appropriate references and background checks are completed and documented for each new employee.
- Verifies the accuracy of each employees I-9 form and e-verify reporting in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Maintains a tracking system to schedule and monitor the completion of required health screens per licensing requirements.
- Maintains electronic records of employee confidential medical documentation.
- Provides HR support for volunteers and other non-employees including the processing of non-employee forms, data tracking, ordering background checks and ensuring compliance processes are in place.
- Maintains a tracking system to ensure that all required staff maintains a valid drivers license, auto insurance and professional licensure, as required.
- Assists with the completion of recurring motor vehicle, criminal, sex-offender and child and adult abuse registry background checks for current employees.
- Verifies employment information for employers and credit agencies. Ensures disseminated information given is consistent with standard policy and procedures.
- Research and compile employment termination summaries upon request for unemployment claims.
- Acts in cooperation with Legal department on authorized requests/subpoenas from outside agencies for copies of employment records.
- Serves as a liaison for Human Resources personnel at the affiliate sites across the nation.
- On occasion, serves as backup to the Executive Assistant to the SVP, Human Resources.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply knowledge of policies and procedures and accurately interpret and give correct and consistent information upon request.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and think outside the box and be proactive in resolving red flag issues.
- Possess the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Proven interpersonal communication skills to interact with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma and 2 years of relevant work experience in the Human Resources field required; Associates degree preferred.
- Familiarity with employment, employment laws, EEO, and personnel records keeping practices highly preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
- Position requires little to moderate physical activity. Handling of average-weight objects up to 20 pounds, or standing and/or walking or at a keyboard, workstation, or desk.
- Work is typically in a normal office administrative environment involving minimal exposure to physical risks.