Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Campus Resource Officer, you will support the Boys Town mission by monitoring and ensuring safety and security conditions within Boys Town properties by patrolling campus and interacting with youth as needed. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth one step at a time.
Schedule: 2nd Shift 3pm-11pm
- Monitors and ensures safety and security conditions within Boys Town properties by patrolling campus.
- Provides a visible and accessible presence on campus who is well-known by the entire Boys Town community.
- Responds to calls from staff when they need assistance with youth or any program area on campus.
- Attempts to immediately locate and pick up youth out-of-program status or missing.
- Provides supervision of staff and youth during program changes or during mass movement of youth.
- Observes and reports maintenance needs. Investigates and reports incidents involving personal injury, property damage, theft, and/or vandalism occurring on property or areas under jurisdiction and completes the designated reports. Communicates with Boys Town Police Department as needed to report unusual and unsafe conditions.
- Investigates security alarms and fire alarms. Contacts appropriate staff in response to computer room alarms. Assists staff and guests to shelter in the event of severe weather warnings. Executes evacuation plan in response to fire alarm activity.
- Renders routine security assistance to all personnel, i.e., employees, patients and visitors. Escorts personnel to and from vehicles as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months to one year of experience including administrative work experience.
- Two years of experience in Law Enforcement, Security, Military, or Juvenile Counseling required. Two years of experience in Juvenile Probation or Juvenile Court Services preferred.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to work rotating shifts; including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to work at multiple Boys Town property locations.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to complete SRO Type (NASRO) Training within 90 days of hire.
November 16, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.