Business: Boys Town
Schedule: Full Time
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, performs work of routine difficulty of a grant financial accounting nature. Responsibilities include preparing financial reports and establishing and maintaining accounting controls. Work requires exercising discretion, judgment, and initiative concerning the accounting activities of Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH).
- Supervises the development and maintenance of research budgets covering all Institute & extramural funds.
- Utilizes knowledge of federal grant & research contract accounting & reporting requirements, communicating directly with researchers, to assure proper resolution of budget issues, concerns & satisfaction of inquiries and to ensure the compliance with federal rules and regulations.
- Oversees grant & research contract travel, purchasing card, & capital expenditures systems.
- Assists in the preparation of the BTNRH Hospital central operating budget & detailed reports submitted to federal agencies.
- Analyzes financial statement information for trends, deviations or problem areas, prepares reports on exceptional fluctuations from projections & prior years, & discusses them with appropriate management.
- Attends corporate compliance committee meetings & collaborates with compliance officer on research compliance issues.
- Oversees the completion & accuracy of grant time & effort reports.
- Works with staff to interpret NIH, FFBH & BTNRH policies concerning budgetary, financial, accounting, purchasing & related grant business matters.
- Responsible for all grant & research contract revenue accounting functions of BTNRH & participates in maintaining & recommending revisions in the revenue & receivable control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or minimum of 5 years accounting experience required
- Previous grant financial accounting experience preferred
- Experience with personal computers and excel spreadsheets
- Must have general ledger accounting and financial analysis experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of federal grant accounting procedures necessary to oversee maintenance reimbursement & disbursement of all grant & research contract revenue and expenditures
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 23, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.