Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Part-Time Weekend & Holiday Tour Guide, you play a significant role in the success of our mission and the brand of our organization. You will be part of the team that brings the vision and strategy behind the Boys Town name to life. This means telling the story of where we started 100 years ago and what brought us to where we are today. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth.
Schedule: The schedule for this position is weekends and holidays only, approximately 2-3 days per month. 1-2 Weekends per month and some holidays will be required. The Hall of History and/or Father Flanagan's Home is open year-round, 7 days per week, and is only closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Schedules and conducts tours for visitors and monitors exhibits.
- Communicates Boys Town history and points of interest for a wide variety of people, answers questions related to Boys Town history, and conducts tours upon request.
- Monitors exhibition floor and audiovisual displays, arranges merchandise into displays, and monitors literature displays.
- Serves as reference source for visitors and callers by answering inquiries on phone or in person regarding services; redirects telephone calls to appropriate departments as needed.
- Maintains and provides proper security for the Hall of History and Father Flanagan House.
- Opens the Hall of History and Father Flanagan House and ensures that they are secured at night.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous work experience preferably to include customer service or tourism.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country's largest nonprofit-funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we're poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free prescriptions, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October13, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.