Business: Boys Town
In a career as a HVAC Mechanic, you are often the backbone of Boys Towns success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You arent just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and rotating on call shifts
Installs and maintains heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as changing filters, lubricating equipment, and balancing airflow.
- Mounts, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs ductwork, compressors, icemakers, pressure gauges, air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, and boilers.
- Evaluates equipment or systems for hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement. Evaluates building performance using computer application.
- Advises department managers on control systems changes, layouts, and design.
- Receives written information per job order; completes service order forms, and records work performed, duration, and materials used.
- Maintains shop materials; tracks and completes necessary equipment certifications to fulfill licensing requirements.
- Drives Boys Town vehicles as needed to complete duties of the job.
Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in HVAC preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including HVAC.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and many work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- Refrigerant EPA Certification within 90 days of hire. Boys Town will pay for the certification!
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 28, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.