Business: Boys Town
Job Summary:The Business Office Specialist will process, monitor, and audit various financial activities ensuring departmental compliance with policies and procedures. This position also provides reports and data pertaining to the fiscal management of individual departmental budgets and other administrative support.
- Participates in the administration and monitoring of the department's financial activities including invoices, purchasing, and disbursement.
- Completes departmental payroll processing as needed.
- Assists with and prepares special projects (e.g., surveys and statistical analyses).
- Assists in developing annual operating, capital, and expansion budgets.
- Assists in development and implementation of department business policies and procedures and recommends appropriate changes.
- Reviews and audits department compliance with fiscal and HR policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support including record-keeping, filing, phone coverage, mail, data entry, and other support as needed.
- Provides training and assistance as needed.
- Updates and maintains financial and statistical data as needed.
- May be required to act as the designated HR Rep at the site.
- May be required to coordinate facilities maintenance.
- May recruit and train potential volunteers.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- 2 years of administrative support experience, preferably including experience with accounting or billing.
- Knowledge of accounting terminology/practices and general record keeping.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in the organization and with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Boys Town Washington, D.C.: In a city where strong leadership is valued and respected, Boys Town Washington, D.C. has established itself as the leader in the care and treatment of the region's children and families since 1993. These services and programs touch the lives of 6,200 children and families in the District of Columbia each year. The campus offers ample parking.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: August 12, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003. #zr