Business: Boys Town
Job Summary:The Family Home Program Consultant manages and supports Family-Teachers and Assistant Family-Teachers in assigned homes operations. This position also oversees proper implementation of and compliance with the Family Home Program.
Supervises the services of youth in assigned area.
- Interviews youth upon arrival to create service plans for youth and family served.
- Facilitates team meetings with staff, youth, and consumers.
- Reviews medication logs for completeness.
- Assesses progress and analyzes results; identifies problems and creates solutions with Family-Teachers and Assistant Family-Teachers; monitors solution implementation.
- Completes documentation for each youth and family served including progress reports, discharge summaries, and post-discharge recommendations.
- Documents youth progress by reviewing Motivation Systems, service plans, school and employment performance, family contact, agency requirements, and medical or psychological needs.
- Coordinates with consumers including school teachers, parents, and agencies.
- Oversees home operations for program compliance, safety, and budgets.
- Ensures licensing and accreditation standards are being met.
Develops skills of Family-Teachers and Assistant Family-Teachers.
- Observes Family-Teachers and Assistant Family-Teachers and gives feedback; provides consultation.
- Conducts training and review on a variety of relevant topics including home maintenance and budget, youth progress, consumer relations, professionalism, policies and procedures, and crisis intervention.
- Conducts team service planning and administrative meetings.
- Performs card or Motivation System reviews.
- Reviews program administrative issues with teachers.
- Creates staff development plan for Family-Teachers; helps Family-Teachers consistently develop family engagement Skills.
- Fosters family engagement.
- Participates in presentations and committees.
Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field; Masters degree preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience with at-risk youth and families; experience with Boys Town Model is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. Must provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job.
- This position is available to Family Teaching staff on a 24/7 basis.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 10, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.