Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: In a career as an Administrative Assistant, you are often the backbone of Boys Towns success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You arent just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 10:30 a.m. -3:30 p.m. with some flexibility for an occasional evening.
*Part time positions working 20 hours or more are eligable for 401K and pro-rated time off!
- Performs general administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining office supplies.
- Greets visitors and staff in person or via telephone, determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate person or office.
- Processes, maintains, and files departmental records including youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other documents.
- Maintains schedules and coordinates calendars for meetings and other events; records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes. Assists in organizing events as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements and completes expense reports as needed.
- Tracks, researches, and prepares various reports, material packets, and meeting/presentation materials.
- Completes departmentally specific administrative tasks as applicable per area of responsibility.
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of Boys Town.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including some administrative or clerical work is required.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures, practices, and filing methods.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of PC software applications with an advanced ability to utilize Windows-based programs and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed.
About Boys Town South Florida:
Building brighter futures at Boys Town South Florida since 1991, we have grown our services and programs to touch the lives of 17,000 children and families in the sunshine state each year. The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town South Florida. Our hub is located in sunny West Palm Beach, and we are just steps away from all the best that South Florida has to offer! With beaches, shopping, arts and culture, Major League Baseball and college sports of all kinds there is no end to the ways to enjoy your off-work hours.
Our Boys Town family is important to us, and we make sure to support our team through a staff and family picnic, chili cook-off and of course some friendly competition with game night! We might even surprise you with a teambuilding exercise at the local escape room. The culture of Boys Town South Florida is committed to our current and future leaders through tuition assistance, scholarship opportunities and the ability to participate in a variety of professional development courses.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 8, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.