Business: Boys Town
Hiring Bonus: $1,500
In a career as a Care Coordination Services Consultant you will help families find life-changing solutions. Care Coordination Services is an intensive, family-centered case management program designed to help families navigate through complex systems such as the mental health care system, school systems and available community programs. Through visits and meetings, trained Care Coordinators work with families and other involved parties (school personnel, therapists, coaches, attorneys, and others) to identify strengths and needs, develop service plans based on family choices, link families to services and programs that monitor their progress on an ongoing basis and advocate for the needs of children and families.
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week. Must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be available to work on-call rotationally to provide crisis response.
Location: This position will be servicing youth and families throughout the Palm Beach County area.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community resources
- Provides assessment to determine program eligibility, problem areas and areas of strength.
- Maintains current knowledge of available formal services, resources, and supports in the local community. Identifies needed services and links youth to services.
- Identifies informal supports and assists youth and family members to access these supports.
- Monitors linked services, resources and supports in order to ensure quality of care.
- Acts as a youth and family advocate and empowers youth and family members to advocate for themselves in the community.
- Assists youth and family members in navigating through various systems; educates youth and family members about the systems in order to build their understanding, supports permanency planning and outcomes.
- Provides support in the development and utilization of functional skills to youth and family members.
- Develops, monitors, and reviews service plans and develops subsequent service plans as needed to facilitate progress.
- Creates and manages discharge planning as needed with a focus on Safety, Permanency and Well-being including step down placements, reunification, adoption, or transition (independent living) plans, and coordination of community resources.
- Assists youth and family members in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Prepares proper documentation including case notes, assessments, service plans, outcome measures, narratives, and reports in a timely manner as defined by the program.
- Meets with youth and family members at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with youth and family members per program requirements, and remains available to youth and family members 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field.
- 1+ years of experience working with children/youth with Severe Behavioral and/or mental health disorders or diagnosis required.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Availability to provide on-call support to families in crisis. Must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) is preferred.
- Must be a Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager (CBHCM) or have the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire. *Boys Town will pay for the certification!
- This position is available rotationally to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Boys Town South Florida:
Building brighter futures at Boys Town South Florida since 1991, we have grown our services and programs to touch the lives of 17,000 children and families in the sunshine state each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town South Florida. Our hub is located in sunny West Palm Beach, and we are just steps away from all the best that South Florida has to offer! With beaches, shopping, arts and culture, Major League Baseball and college sports of all kinds there is no end to the ways to enjoy your off-work hours. Our Boys Town family is important to us, and we make sure to support our team through a staff and family picnic, chili cook-off and of course some friendly competition with game night! We might even surprise you with a teambuilding exercise at the local escape room. The culture of Boys Town South Florida is committed to our current and future leaders through tuition assistance, scholarship opportunities and the ability to participate in a variety of professional development courses.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: August 27, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.