In a career as a Senior HR Generalist you contribute to our greatest asset, our people and culture of Boys Town. The Senior Human Resources Generalist provides an advanced level of HR support in designated departments and/or geographical regions primarily in employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law and compliance. This position may also cross over into other HR functional areas as needed, including benefits administration, talent acquisition, training, and onboarding. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you further our commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities.
- Liaises between managers and employees to facilitate communication, handle questions, interpret situations, and solve work-related issues.
- Coaches, counsels, and guides managers about personnel practices, policies, and employment laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and to promote a high level of employee morale.
- Administers HR plans and procedures; assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinates investigations, counsels' employees, and delivers corrective actions, including warnings, suspensions, and terminations.
- Drafts and completes employee communications, corrective actions, and investigation reports, documents employee interactions.
- Manages and tracks employee relations activity utilizing case management software.
- Assists with maintenance and processing unemployment notices and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner; attends unemployment hearings and procedures as necessary.
- Participates in compiling comprehensive metrics for data reporting and trend identification, ensuring that files are completed accurately and within time parameters.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in the Human Resources field; supervisory experience preferred.
- Professional certifications in Human Resources preferred.
- Expert knowledge of employment and labor law.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills with excellent critical thinking, critical evaluation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR ethical practices, relationship management, critical consultations, and policy implementation.
Date: July 15th, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.