Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Mail Processing Clerk, you are often the backbone of Boys Towns success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You arent just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth.
Schedule: This position is on call and scheduled on an as needed basis, working anywhere from 0 40 hours per week (6:30 a.m. 3 p.m.), primarily late-September through mid-January.
The Mail Processing Clerk opens, prepares, categorizes, and processes mail.
- Sorts and categorizes mail as required.
- Operates extractor to open pre-sorted mail ensuring that mail is categorized appropriately; records count of each item opened.
- Prepares mail to be imaged; processes mail on imaging transports.
- Enters data for credit card system and validates items for imaging system.
- Reconciles total cash donations to the combined total of currency batches.
- Runs 10-key tape on the amount donated in a batch as needed, reconciling with donor documents, and prepares deposit slips.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in an office and dealing with cash and/or credit cards is preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Date Posted: July 13, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.