Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Development Coordinator you have the ability to create a lasting imprint for the community as a whole. By telling the Boys Town story to friends, neighbors, and community members, you are doing your part as the true advocate and Inspirational Leader for Boys Town, further ensuring our mission of changing the way America cares for children and families thrives.
As a Development Coordinator you will manage Development Office community activities and events as it relates to grants, donor support, and increasing organizational visibility.
Schedule: Full Time
- Plans, organizes, and implements special events to secure sponsorships, cash donations, in-kind contributions, and to maximize revenue to meet development fundraising goals.
- Prepares a wide range of written event materials including funding proposals, program descriptions, reports, letters, and acknowledgments.
- Maintains contact and creates networking within the community; performs donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship and responds to donor inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Processes, prepares, and records all donations daily, maintains donor record, and initiates donor research.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Marketing, related field, or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including marketing, public relations, donor cultivation, or event planning; nonprofit experience in donor relations is preferred.
- Experience with fundraising data management programs (Blackbaud CRM) is preferred.
- Available to travel to events and work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of fundraising and special events.
- High level of professionalism, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in Blackbaud CRM and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
About Boys Town Nevada:
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there's another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and families triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 12, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.