Business: Boys Town
Job Summary:The Care Coordination Services Consultant provides intensive and professional case management services to youth utilizing a strength based and comprehensive model. This position also links children and families to resources and supports, monitors the services, actively advocates for children and families, and assists them in navigating through various systems of care.
Provides case management services for Care Coordination Services.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community resources, including medical, mental health, and substance abuse professionals, child welfare personnel, Juvenile Justice personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives.
- Provides assessment to determine program eligibility, problem areas and areas of strength.
- Maintain and monitor informal supports and formal services, resources, and supports in the local community. Identifies needed services and links youth to services.
- Acts as a youth and family advocate and empowers youth and family members to advocate for themselves in the community.
- Assists youth and family members in navigating through various systems; educates youth and family members about the systems in order to build their understanding, supports permanency planning and outcomes.
- Develops, monitors, and reviews service plans and develops subsequent service plans as needed to facilitate progress.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with youth and family members per program requirements, and remains available to youth and family members 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Creates and manages discharge planning as needed with a focus on Safety, Permanency and Well-being including step down placements, reunification, adoption, or transition (independent living) plans, and coordination of community resources.
- Assists youth and family members in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Meets with youth and family members at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized.
- Completes administrative functions for Care Coordination Services.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town programs is preferred.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is available rotationally to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 8, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.