Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Stationary Engineer, your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth.
Schedule: Tuesday Saturday, 11 p.m. 7 a.m. and on call rotation
$1,500 Hiring Bonus!
- Performs Power Plant operation and maintenance activities.
- Operates and maintains stationary and mechanical engines including centrifugal chillers.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties for power plant systems, and repairs, removes, and installs plumbing fittings and pipes.
- Responds to service orders, determines appropriate repairs, and completes maintenance reports; reviews and updates maintenance procedures.
- Maintains effective and efficient operation of the boilers for organizational heating operations, maintains proper fuel levels for the boiler operation, and prepares boiler for annual state inspection.
- Maintains charts and daily logs of operations; prepares reports regarding fuel and water usage.
- Assists in completing administrative duties, ensures accuracy of master on-call list, and recommends improvements to production methods, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle or own vehicle to complete work duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training is preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience including 1 year actual operating experience.
- City of Omaha Third Grade Stationary Engineer License.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and may work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
Position requires moderate to heavy physical activity including: heavy pulling and lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance, kneeling/stooping/squatting, and climbing.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: May 19, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.