Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: In a career as an Awake Overnight Youth Care Worker, you have the ability to impact a child's life. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system and so on. You come in by giving youth the support they need during some of their most valuable hours into the night.
Schedule : This position is a FULLTIME, overnight position. Must be available to work between 10:30pm-6:30am
**Position will alternate weekend shifts.
- Provide a safe environment through effective monitoring of the youth and the physical property during overnight hours.
- Document objective observations of overnight youth activity; record, update and enter significant information and incidents.
- Notify appropriate personnel immediately in the incident of a safety issue or a behavioral incident by one of the children in care.
- Monitor youth constantly by remaining awake and alert, and circulating between various locations.
- Attend to youth medical and physical conditions through monitoring and notify appropriate staff when necessary.
- Recognize and prompt youth on appropriate behaviors and skills.
- Utilize Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and available to work flexible hours.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 19, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.