Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Staff Psychologist - Outpatient, you will provide families with evidenced based treatment. Many families face challenges and struggle to find the help they need when it comes to their children who are experiencing behavioral, emotional or academic concerns. Boys Town Behavioral Health Clinic psychologists are knowledgeable and committed to quality treatment for children and families. Our mission is to treat problems early, before they develop into more serious behavioral health issues. Utilizing a preventative based approach, children and families find help, healing and hope at Boys Town Behavioral Health Clinics.
Schedule: Full Time
*We are currently offering remote virtual visits with our clients with office visits indicated by client needs.
- Conducts psychological assessments and provides therapy to children and families and assists in establishing a referral base as appropriate.
- Provides psychological therapeutic services to clients each week.
- Meets monthly clinical productivity expectations
- Conducts clinical, cognitive, and psychoeducational assessments.
- Provides clinical consultation pertaining to children and families referred for services.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a referral base from Boys Town or pediatricians, schools, other treatment providers, and general community referrals.
- Obtains ongoing education related to the fields of clinical psychology, behavioral pediatrics, and clinical assessment and intervention.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical, school, and/or counseling psychology.
- Must have completed an APA approved internship or equivalent.
- Must be a licensed (or licensable) psychologist in the State of Florida.
- Proficiency in assessing and treating a wide range of clinical concerns and diagnoses such as disruptive behavior problems, ADHD, oppositional and defiant behavior, sleep disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders and fears, motor habits, academic problems and ASDs.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of psychology with an emphasis on behavioral pediatrics (primary care psychology), behavioral psychology and/or cognitive behavioral theories.
- Knowledge of clinical diagnostic criteria and emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of administering, scoring and interpreting a wide variety of standardized psychological tests and measures.
- Skill in determining diagnoses, providing therapy, conducting evaluation, and administering standardized tests and measures.
- Ability to apply psychological principles to therapeutic intervention with individuals, groups and families.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
About Boys Town South Florida:
Building brighter futures at Boys Town South Florida since 1991, we have grown our services and programs to touch the lives of 17,000 children and families in the sunshine state each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town South Florida. Our hub is located in sunny West Palm Beach, and we are just steps away from all the best that South Florida has to offer! With beaches, shopping, arts and culture, Major League Baseball and college sports of all kinds there is no end to the ways to enjoy your off-work hours.
Our Boys Town family is important to us, and we make sure to support our team through a staff and family picnic, chili cook-off and of course some friendly competition with game night! We might even surprise you with a teambuilding exercise at the local escape room. The culture of Boys Town South Florida is committed to our current and future leaders through tuition assistance, scholarship opportunities and the ability to participate in a variety of professional development courses.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country's largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we're poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include health insurance, dental, vision, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), life insurance, prescription assistance programs, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: March 23, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.