Business: Boys Town
As one of the leading research hospitals in the country, the Boys Town team is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can help develop various Boys Town hospital research applications. In this position youll be working alongside research scientists and other software engineers to develop software to support cutting edge grant research and interdepartmental data sharing. The position is looking for a qualified individual with experience working with APIs that integrate with hardware as well as front end application development. This staff member will be developing both desktop and cloud applications. Working experience with a cloud platform, such as Microsoft Azure will be helpful. Experience with unstructured data processing is a plus.
Schedule: Full Time
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8 to 10 years of experience with a diverse background of architecting complex organizational solutions that maximize simplicity and adaptability. Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems preferred.
- This position may require on-call work to provide additional support and/or may require work to be performed outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Technical certifications are preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of containers and cloud-based strategies.
- Proficient in writing unit test using unit testing framework, such as Jest, Enzyme, or Sinon.
- UI/UX experience, knowledge of browser/platform/device compatibility and responsive and adaptive design and development principles.
- Proficiency with maintaining version control, BitBucket or equivalent.
- Experience developing Restful web services and APIs with a compiled language like C#, NodeJS.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally with senior level staff.
- High level of professionalism, customer service, integrity, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL), including complex queries and T-SQL. Or non-relational databases (MongoDB).
- Experience working with reporting tools, such as Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, or other reporting tool equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with building prototypes using tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Adobe XD is a plus.
March 5th, 2021