Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Service Desk Specialist, you will help us in providing unparalleled care to youth and families across the nation. Information Technology at Boys Town is where innovation and technology come together to make us one of the best in class here in The Good Life state. This means delivering game-changing, technology-driven business models and staying ahead of industry trends so we can excel of what we do best: saving children and healing families. No matter your role at Boys Town, you will contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth.
- Provides timely desktop support for the entire user community via telephone or remote access.ional
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365, LAN, WAN, and remote access.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware and software malfunctions, user access, configuration, operations, and printing issues.
- Creates a positive end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point of contact.
- Diagnoses and repairs computer malfunctions, user access, configuration, operations, and printing issues. Implements hardware and software solutions.
- Adheres to and supports organizational and departmental standards, policies, and procedures. Maintains and protects confidentiality.
- Uses network and system software tools to pinpoint the nature and source of user problems.
- Professionally communicates hardware, software, and network malfunctions to the appropriate personnel and maintains an ongoing database of service provided and system, network, and computer malfunctions.
- Works with other divisions and departments in a positive manner to resolve user or network issues.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent is preferred.
- At least 1 to 3 years of IT experience including Desktop support and multiple Windows environments.
- Available to travel and to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Helpdesk applicable support certifications, Windows certifications, or CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
Date: February 15th, 2021
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.