Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Child Associate you have the ability to connect direct engagement with students, families and the community. ​​​ The Child Associate for Primary Project provides direct services by using standardized procedures to provide expressive play sessions to targeted students in elementary schools to establish positive relationships and aid in student adjustment and success.
Schedule: Full Time
This is a 9-month position working August to June with summers off (unpaid).
Implements a program of play activities to assist students in successfully adjusting to school.
- Participates in team meetings with appropriate Boys Town staff or school designees to select students to be referred to services.
- Coordinates distribution of consent forms and project brochures to parents after team meetings and provides a copy of the signed consent to appropriate staff; documents any follow-up efforts in obtaining signed consent from parent or guardian.
- Coordinates with teachers to schedule student play sessions and provides schedule to appropriate Boys Town staff and front office staff at school.
- Attends student related meetings such as parent conferences as appropriate.
- Contacts supervisor when concerned for a childs safety if abuse, neglect, self-harm issues, or violence are suspected.
- Maintains progress notes and completes required paperwork and other necessary project documentation.
- Attends weekly consultation with the mental health consultant and discusses cases regarding student progress.
- Observes classrooms and becomes familiar with teachers and students of targeted grade levels.
- Consults on referrals when a childs needs are beyond the scope of the program.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred.
- 1 year of experience working with young children and families; experience in a school setting preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers available in the geographical area.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain trust to facilitate successful, professional relationships.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
February 12, 2021