Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: In a career as Youth Care Worker, you play a big part in making a difference in changing a youths life. Youth come to the Boys Town Family Home Program for a variety of reasons, such as: family or school issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, or involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by teaching them appropriate social, academic and independent living skills. We strive to give Boys Town Kids the fulfilling lives they deserve.
Schedule: Full-Time Work 40 hours per week. Evening or Overnight shifts. Will require working one weekend per month minimum.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth.
- Assesses and monitors youth activities, skills, and progress to determine development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with individualized service plans.
- Monitors, supports, and encourages academic performance and educational success.
- Models appropriate relationships with youth and staff.
- Attends consultation meetings, staff meetings, and shift transition meetings and assists in processing paperwork.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain trust to facilitate successful, professional relationships.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 16, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.