Business: Boys Town
Location: Village of Boys Town (132nd and Dodge)
Schedule: Full Time, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
On call required every 5 weeks rotation.
- Installs and maintains plumbing operations and systems.
- Repairs or alters plumbing, steam, gas, and water systems, including the establishment of relevant cost estimates; repairs pipes, opens closed drains, and welds pipes.
- Repairs, removes, and installs plumbing fittings and cuts, threads, and bends pipes utilizing a cutting torch and other equipment as necessary.
- Locates, marks, cuts openings in walls, ceilings and floors to install or repair pipes, fittings or fixtures.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures including sinks, toilets, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, and garbage disposal units; replaces or repairs burst pipes.
- Joins and secures pipes by using epoxy, welding, soldering, brazing, fusing, caulking, clamps, brackets, or hangers; tests and inspects systems for leaks and malfunctions.
- Assists in scheduling work orders, completes paperwork, and organizes the shop facilities and equipment.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport supplies and equipment to work locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training or plumbing apprenticeship is preferred.
- City of Omaha Plumbers/Steamfitter License
- 2 to 3 years of experience including plumbing and construction.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and many work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- Knowledge of a broad range of construction and remodeling plumbing practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of repairs and replacements of municipal water systems, low- and high-pressure steam, natural gas systems, and skills in installation and repair of plumbing systems.
October 16, 2020