Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Location: West Hospital (near 144th and Pacific)
In a career as a Maintenance Mechanic II you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region.
The Maintenance Mechanic II troubleshoots, adjusts, and makes more complex repairs for mechanical systems, H.V.A.C. systems, pumps, plumbing, general carpentry and electrical systems within the hospital and clinic buildings.
Schedule: Full-time, overnight, 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m., and rotating on call.
- Utilizes basic knowledge to operate and maintain all mechanical equipment such as H.V.A.C. equipment, hot water heaters, pumps, chilled water systems, steam systems, plumbing, electrical systems, lighting, including all utilities to the buildings. Uses power tools and hand tools to make adjustments and repairs when required.
- Reads meters, gauges, printouts and other recording devices and records daily utility logs; also checks building condition by walking through mechanical rooms. Creates work orders to make repairs.
- Operates the building automation controls system, to view and edit setpoint. Control Systems may include building, lighting, fire and security.
- Provides proper electrical maintenance service throughout the complex and its clinics. This includes electrical repairs to wiring, electrical fixtures, motors, controls, appliances, and other electrical systems.
- Repairs and maintains all plumbing systems. This includes using the proper tools to clean and repair line plugs, breaks and replacements. Monitors and maintains the proper working condition of the building and equipment hardware, such as: doors and window latches, locks, and hinges. Completes repairs of cabinet, counter tops, and tables.
- Carries out a preventative maintenance program and keeps and maintains associated records. Documents work completed and time required as part of the work order system for time recording requirements. Initiates requests for purchasing of materials and supplies necessary to perform the required work.
- Observes the installation of equipment and/or systems to detect hazards, need for adjustments, relocation or replacement. Utilizes knowledge of blueprints, as well as function and design of components to insure both maximum efficiencies and compliance with appropriate building codes.
- Other functions of this position include: small project work to make upgrades or changes to the buildings as requested. Incumbent may be called in should mechanical breakdown or other emergencies occur.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum of 4 years experience in building maintenance in the areas of H.V.A.C., mechanical systems, or Electrical
- Completion of a vocational training program, or license in electrical, plumbing or HVAC preferred
- General knowledge along with the ability to paint and repair walls
- Must have computer competencies in Microsoft windows, office and other software systems
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check as this position may require driving a company vehicle.
- Ability to take On-Call Pager as needed for off hours maintenance coverage.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: August 11, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
81 active jobs