Job Title:Overnight Program Staff (full time)
Location: Washington, D.C
Job Summary: In a career as the Overnight Program Staff you have the ability to change a childs life.
- Pay is $14.00 per hour.
- A 2-week paid training is required in Omaha, Nebraska prior to working with youth.
Providea safe environment by monitoring the youth and the physical property during overnight hours.
- Monitors youth constantly by remaining awake and alert, and circulating between various locations.
- Works collaboratively with administration in coordinating, prioritizing, and completing duties and consistently adheres to the Youth Rights.
- Documents objective observations of overnight youth activity; records, updates and enters significant information and incidents in required format.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately in the incident of a safety issue or a behavioral incident by one of the children in care.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions through monitoring and notifying appropriate staff when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions outside of scheduled working hours.
- Recognizes and prompts youth on appropriate behaviors and skills.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
- Previous experience working with at risk children is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Available to work flexible hours.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality and to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
About Boys Town in Washington, D.C.:In a city where strong leadership is valued and respected, Boys Town Washington, D.C. has established itself as the leader in the care and treatment of the regions children and families since 1993. These services and programs touch the lives of 6,200 children and families in the District of Columbia each year.
- The opportunity to shape the future of Americas youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Washington DC. Career advancement opportunities at the site and organization.
- We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K with 6% match; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave. We also offer tuition reimbursement and scholarships are available.
About Boys Town:Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, were poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted:April 11, 2019
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.