Assistant Family Teacher
CLOSING DATE: January 23rd, 2019 (or until filled)
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town is seeking an Assistant Family-Teacher based in Omaha, Nebraska!
- Provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth in a safe and caring family style living environment
- Work in conjunction with an assigned Family-Teaching Couple and serve as an active member of the Family Home Program team
- Teach youth appropriate skills and behaviors through the Boys Town Model
- Use problem solving techniques to teach critical thinking and assist youth with behavioral problems
- Plan, participate and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining
- Provide youth with moral, spiritual, and educational development needed for future success
- Assist with youth transportation needs, household upkeep and the daily operating schedule of the home
- Maintain and prepare written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, and reporting incidents/behaviors
- Collaborate with internal and external consumers
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarships available
- Education assistance towards a bachelor's or master's degree in a career-relevant program and the opportunity to earn college credit while working
- Career advancement opportunities within the organization
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, some college credits preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include nights, weekends and holidays (typical weekday hours are 2:30 to 10:30 pm and the ability to work two weekends per month)
- Attend two weeks paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.