TITLE: IT Project Manager
OPENDATE: December20, 2018
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of Americas Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit. Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The IT Project Manager establishes and implements project management processes to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet or exceed stakeholder expectations. This position also tracks project progress, identifies risks, and develops reports on progress, milestones, and budget. The IT Project Manager additional responsibilities will include:
- Executes key strategic, technical IT initiative projects from inception to completion.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes projects, including acquiring resources and coordinating project team members.
- Conducts initial and ongoing analysis to support project direction and monitors project efficacy, completeness, accuracy, and consistency through the project life cycle.
- Directs and facilitates the development of business case, Work Breakdown Structure, project schedule, communication plans, and requirements metrics.
- Assembles project teams, assigns responsibilities, and communicates with stakeholders to establish priorities and deadlines, and to report progress.
- Develops and maintains project implementation plans, monitors rollout and progress, and follows up to ensure deliverables were met; ensures projects are in compliance with enterprise, security, and infrastructure architectures.
- Creates sustainable project tasks, processes, and guidelines; sets project plan, schedule, and scope.
- Analyzes project data, processes, and systems to ensure projects are well defined, coordinated and managed through completion.
- Manages projects to ensure alignment with strategic plans and report progress to leadership.
- Conducts process improvement activities to streamline technical operations.
- Maintains relationships with internal stakeholders and external resources to facilitate the scoping, planning, and success of interdepartmental projects; liaises between team members and stakeholders.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of project management frameworks, processes, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Scrum methodologies leveraged for infrastructure and application delivery projects.
- Skills in collecting and analyzing data, forecasting timelines, identifying problems, and developing and recommending practical, applicable solutions.
- Strong knowledge of internet, intranet, extranet, client/server architectures, personal computers, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft products.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information to establish rapport, influence others, and gain understanding.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Negotiation and mediation skills with an ability to mediate project situations.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization and with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to translate complex data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 10 years of experience including project management.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Project management and/or Scrum Master certifications preferred (PMP).
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.