Development Grant Writer
CLOSING DATE: January 4th, 2019
OVERVIEW OF BOYSTOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of Americas Youth?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Development Grant Writer writes grants at the national level and assists the Affiliate Sites with researching grant opportunities, writing grant proposals, and submitting timely and accurate reports for grant funded projects.
Conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Writes grant applications and proposals according to format required, and submits application to funding agency or foundation after it is approved.
- Meets with or calls representatives of funding sources to work out final details of proposal when necessary.
- Coordinates with internal sources to obtain all information required to complete the proposal in a timely manner.
- Researches external data to provide compelling need statements.
- Researches corporations and foundations to identify sources of funding for Boys Town initiatives utilizing internet and reference resources; responds to Affiliate Site requests for corporation and foundation information.
- Tracks proposal process and grant reporting requirements; maintains current records on active grant proposals in the database.
- Assists in writing periodic reports to comply with grant requirements.
- Provides stewardship to current foundation and corporate donors as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Journalism, Marketing, related field, or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years related experience including writing grant proposals or program descriptions.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals with attention to accuracy.
- Strong project management skills. Comfortable managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining good relationships with colleagues.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Team player with capacity to be resourceful and respond to a changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with ability to learn and utilize sophisticated donor database software; experience preferred.
- Must have the ability and desire to engage in conversation with donors and staff via the phone and written correspondence in an articulate, pleasant, and confident manner.
- Must have strong service orientation and commitment to assisting others with enthusiasm and professionalism.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.