TITLE: Senior SharePoint Developer
CLOSING DATE: November 27, 2018, or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of Americas Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit. Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Senior SharePoint Developer creates and supports SharePoint sites and applications. This position will understand the needs of the end user and determine how best to meet those needs with SharePoint technologies and custom development.This position also administers and maintains SharePoint environments, including updates, search services, architecture, and security. As our Senior SharePoint Developer, some of your additional responsibilities will include:
- Installing and setting up new SharePoint environments, SharePoint services, and websites.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, patching, and upgrading SharePoint environments.
- Maintaining security for SharePoint servers, services, and applications.
- Monitoring, understanding, and troubleshooting SharePoint services.
- Maintaining comprehensive understanding of network architecture as applied to SharePoint servers and environment, Active Directory and how it integrates with SharePoint, and SQL Server and how it is utilized by SharePoint.
- Monitoring server performance.
- Implementing backup and restore options.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of websites and web applications.
- Maintaining knowledge of and makes updates to IIS configuration.
- Utilizing scripts and/or third party tools to automate processes.
- Creating sites, templates, workflows, lists, and libraries.
- Designing and developing web applications based on business specifications and requirements using code and no code solutions.
- Implementing a term store/managed metadata.
- Setting up user security.
- Consulting with customers to determine requirements and present technical designs and solutions to customers.
- Providing advanced level support by monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting, and resolving web requests and incidents.
- Assisting with testing web applications.
- Developing new web applications or modules using organizational standard programming languages.
- Creating support materials including program documentation and operational instructions.
- Developing and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in computer science, related area, or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years of IT, SharePoint, and development experience; 3 years of experience gathering requirements, documenting and developing sites based upon user requirements, and support enterprise level applications.
- Will require occasional on-call work to provide 24/7 support for critical applications.
- Technical certifications preferred: HTML, CSS, SharePoint, InfoPath, SQL Server, IIS, .NET
- Knowledge of web application design, development, change management, and best practices.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to translate complex data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to continually increase technical competency of self and others through education and research with their field.
- Ability to prioritize based on organizational needs and to shift priorities on short notice. Ability to prioritize based on organizational needs and to shift priorities on short notice.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.