Title:Youth Care Worker
Closing Date:July 30, 2018(Or until filled)
Overview of Boys Town
Are you passionate about shaping the future of Americas Youth?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
- Assesses and monitors youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with individualized service plans.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth
- Monitors, supports, and encourages academic performance and educational success
- Attends consultation meetings, staff meetingsand shift transition meetings
- Assists in processing documents for youth intake and departure, updates files and assists in the preparation of youth summaries and reports
- Observes and participates in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions as needed
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth to and from school, appointments, and outings
Please note that you may be considered for either thefull-time evening 2:00pm - 10:00pm or full-time overnight 9:15pm - 7:15am shift.
- Excellent No-Wait benefit package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- Earn college credit towards a Human Services Related Associates or Bachelors Degree while working on the job
- Tuition Reimbursement and scholarships available
- Career advancement opportunities within the organization
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- A valid drivers license with a good driving record and the ability to pass a MVR Check
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to pass a medical examination and a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine ones fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified.Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status. Boys Town is also an equal employment opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.Boys Town is an affirmative action employer and participates in the E-Verify program.