Bilingual - In Home Family Services Consultant-Las Vegas
CLOSING DATE: 9/5/17 or when filled
Are you passionate about shaping the future of Americas Youth?
Boys Town-Las Vegas -Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
POSITION SUMMARY:Bilingual In-Home Family Services Consultant provides in-home intervention to children and their families utilizing a skill based, solution focused model to help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of skills and behavioral techniques accessing community resources and support..
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must fluently read, write, & speak Spanish and English
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services. NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be higher based on Affiliate Site location, Local contracts, or Federal/State contract requirements.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and must be available to work outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Solid understanding of the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems. Knowledge of recognized interventions such as risk assessment and crisis intervention in order to address identified service needs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and the ability to learn, apply, and explain complex regulations and policies governing child welfare processes and services.
- Ability to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with youth, staff, and support agencies.
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers available in the geographical area; knowledge of the functions and services of the community organizations and related human services.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Boys Town model and fidelity of care.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program.