The Schemmer Associates Inc. is on the grow and we want YOU to join our team! We are a full-service architecture and engineering firm with a focus of serving our clients.
We have an opportunity in both our Omaha, NE and Lincoln, NE offices for a Transportation Engineering Intern. The right candidates will have completed at least their second year in a Civil Engineering program. Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as with a project team to complete of a task.
This position will require application of standard engineering techniques and procedures while producing transportation drawings using Microstation under the direction of engineer(s)
This position will be during the summer 2014.
- Minimum 2+ years' satisfactory performance in a Civil Engineering undergraduate program (prefer 3 years completed toward degree).
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 preferred.
- Desire to work in the engineering consulting environment upon graduation.
- Coursework and/or interest in transportation engineering preferred.
- Computer Skills including working knowledge of Microstation
- Applicant must have solid written and verbal communication skills to be considered.
- Classes/experience with public presentations and business management is a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff
- Able to work in a collaborative process.
- Consistency, accuracy and thoroughness with close attention to detail is critical.
Collaborative. Knowledgeable. Driven. Schemmer is a full-service architectural, engineering and construction field services firm providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges with a keen focus on quality and client satisfaction.
We believe in a creative, collaborative culture with highly-engaged staff that love what they do. Our diverse and talented professionals work together to create effective, goal-driven solutions. Providing a professional work environment with access to the latest technology all while maintaining a culture that rewards excellence is what makes Schemmer a great place to work. Professional growth and leadership opportunities are available for all staff who seek to advance their career and be a significant contributor to the overall success of the firm.
When you work for us, you won't be stuck in a rut of producing designs for one type of project. At Schemmer, you will have the opportunity to stretch your imagination to the limit and work on multiple project types. We work on projects large and small, from studies to design to construction engineering, for public and private sectors, of different engineering solutions and construction systems.
At Schemmer, we believe in fostering a fun, creative environment where professionals are empowered to shape their career, and where there is a healthy work-life balance. We celebrate lifelong learning, provide resources and opportunities, and offer support in your pursuit of success.
Only the most qualified applicants will receive a reply. No phone calls please.
The Schemmer Associates Inc.
1044 North 115th Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
The Schemmer Associates Inc. is an EOE, including disability/vets - E-Verify
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.