Community Alliance is a leader in the field of psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery in Nebraska. We believe in the potential of recovery for all individuals with a mental illness. We are committed to helping individuals with mental illness achieve their unique potential and to live, work, learn and contribute in a community of mutual support.
- This position serves as a member of a team providing direct assistance to adults with mental illness who are homeless.
- Our service philosophy focuses on providing person-centered services within a recovery oriented culture. For those persons with a serious mental illness who are homeless, achievement of full participation within the community is often extremely difficult, if not impossible, without additional, targeted efforts.
- Position works to identify and engage persons who are homeless and mentally ill, and assists them in obtaining and maintaining housing, habilitation, rehabilitation, and mainstream resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service field or related field, or relevant experience of a professional nature,
- Experience (paid or volunteer) with community organizations, especially those serving adults who are homeless.
- Client-focused with basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.