Community Alliance has been a pioneer and leader in the field of psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery in Nebraska. We believe in the potential of recovery for all individuals with a mental illness. Our mission is more than a saying -- it is why we exist and who we are. We are committed to helping individuals with mental illness achieve their unique potential and to live, work, learn, and contribute in a community of mutual support. If you are looking for more than a job, join the Community Alliance Team!
This position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and service delivery of the Day Rehabilitation Program. To assist persons served in reaching their recovery goals, a variety of therapeutic interventions are utilized including psycho educational group facilitation/instruction, cognitive behavioral and motivational approaches, and individual skills training. This supervisory role requires leadership ability, management know-how and/ or public administration skills/knowledge in combination with clinical skills and licensure to facilitate the services among clients served. The program operates Monday-Friday during daytime hours.
Keeping within the scope of licensure, clinical knowledge, and supervisory experience, the incumbent must oversee this program utilizing management and clinical leadership, and direct quality rehabilitative, recovery-focused, and person-centered service in accordance with the program philosophy, goals, and objectives.
The Supervisor, Day Rehabilitation Services functions in a team composed of Rehabilitation Specialists and is supported/mentored by a seasoned Program Manager.
This role is ideal for an individual who is committed to combining skills as a supervisor with skills as a counselor or social worker.
• Articulate and promote the rehabilitative and recovery-focused purpose of all program activities and interactions.
• Supervise and role model the practice of quality and best-practice standards of service within the program.
• Identify and implement the action steps necessary for achieving specific quantitative and qualitative program goals.
• Assign work and responsibilities to staff in accordance with identified program and organization goals.
• Actively engage and maintain accessibility among persons served throughout the program day; monitor participant attendance, and provide outreach service among those who are inactive within the program.
• Research, plan and develop curriculum and training that promotes maximum participation, learning and development among consumers.
• Perform supervisory functions, furthering individual and team development while accomplishing program tasks.
• Supervise documentation within all program and client records.
• Continuously develop and utilize personal skill and the skills of those staff supervised.
Training and Qualifications:
• Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or other accredited academic discipline qualifying for licensure in the State of Nebraska; and licensure in good standing as a Mental Health Professional (LMHP); Provisional Licensure (PLMHP) acceptable if actively working and making sustained progress toward achieving full licensure.
• Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record, or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.