The Health and Wellness Specialist is a member of Community Alliance’s Integrated Health team and will take a leadership role in the initiation, development, coordination and provision of a full range of health and wellness activities relevant to the needs and interests of persons served.
- Conducts individual and group assessment of health and wellness knowledge, interests and needs.
- Engages the individual in his/her own recovery and self-management of medical and behavioral health risks and conditions through an individualized health and wellness plan.
- Assures a diversity of educational and hands-on health promotion and wellness programs and directly delivers same based on identified needs and interests, inclusive of individual and group activities, in home, office, and community sites, different days of week and time of day.
- Collaborates with Integrated Health and other Community Alliance staff on a planned basis, engaging them in the design, promotion, utilization, and facilitation of health promotion and wellness activities.
- Operates and instructs others in proper operations of fitness instruments and equipment.
- Utilizes the range of media and community resources available; maintains wellness/fitness related schedules, records or reports, including a library of health and wellness information/materials.
- Perpetuates an increased knowledge and self-responsibility for healthier choices and lifestyle.
- Engages in effective and ongoing communication and collaboration via development and implementation of an integrated care plan, planned and spontaneous case consultations, and ongoing information sharing.
- Actively participates in data gathering, quality improvement, and outcomes measurements on an individual consumer and program basis.
- Bachelors degree in health promotion, health education, therapeutic recreation or other field directly relevant to the position.
- Knowledge, training and skills of a full range of health and wellness programs, interventions and community resources beneficial to persons served.
- Familiarity with issues related to serious mental illness and chronic physical illnesses.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing motivational interviewing and principles of recovery to deliver results-oriented, person-centered care.
- A genuine commitment to encourage and motivate others to maintain a healthy lifestyle through personal example.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to connect, communicate, and effectively work with people from diverse cultural, ethnic, social-economic, educational, and professional backgrounds.
- Access to reliable transportation, possession of valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, and good driving record.