Contributes to the mission of the organization by serving as a member of an inter-disciplinary team comprised of psychiatric, nursing, clinical, rehabilitative, vocational and peer support professionals who provide integrated and holistic services designed to promote recovery, and community stability for persons with serious mental illness. Performs the majority of client services in a community, rather than office based setting.
- Manage the medication system, administer and document medication treatment.
- Screen and monitor consumers for medical problems/side effects.
- Communicate and coordinate services with the other medical providers.
- Engage in health promotion, prevention, and education activities (i.e., assess for risky behaviors and attempt behavior change).
- Educate other team members to help them monitor psychiatric symptoms and medication side effects.
- When consumers are in agreement, develop strategies to maximize the taking of medications as prescribed (e.g., behavioral tailoring, development of individual cues and reminders).
- Licensure in Nebraska as a registered nurse (RN).
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call. When and while on-call, must be able to respond in person to client need within thirty minutes or less.
- A valid driver's license, good driving record, and reliable transportation is required.