The Employment Training Specialist is responsible for job development, job analysis, on- and off-site job coaching and job supports, and retention supports which promote vocational skill development and personal recovery for persons with mental illness, including those with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Networking and job development to assist with securing community-based employment for program participants.
- Observes job sites, conducts job analyses, and prepares program participant with skills and strategies to assist with entering into employment. Provides insight to participants regarding the work tasks, mental and social demands of the job.
- Provides both on-site and off-site support to help program participants be successful with adjusting to the demands of employment.
- Works cooperatively with the on-site work supervisor when applicable.
- Provides post- placement services to assist program participants with job retention.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Development, Social Work, Behavioral Sciences or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge and skills in mental health philosophy and services, as well as behavior intervention practices.
- Ability and willingness to work varied hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with moderate to minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Possession of valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and good driving record.