Community Support Specialist I
Community Alliance Omaha, NE
The Community Support Specialist I is responsible for administering and delivering community-based mental health services, case management, and identifying community resources for adults with serious mental illness.
- Develop and coordinate necessary services and supports within the community.
- Assess individual mental health, co-occurring, and functional strengths and needs.
- Utilize motivational interviewing strategies and techniques throughout assessment, individual planning, and rehabilitative process.
- Assisting clients to obtain and maintain suitable housing.
- Plan and provide training related to personal, community living and social skills.
- Assist in transition planning, discharge process, and delivery of follow-up services for individuals leaving the program.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services related field, or two years post High School course work in a Human Services field plus two years relevant experience/training of a professional nature.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in mental health and substance abuse rehabilitation and recovery principles, service delivery, and behavior intervention/management practices on direct service level.
- Basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness, including persons with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and good driving record.
To learn more about our mission and to apply go to: https://community-alliance.org/careers/jobs/
| Date Posted
April 30, 2020
| Date Closes
May 30, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
40 hours per week; M-F
| SOC Category
21-1015.00 Rehabilitation Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Different-sex)
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories