ACT Team Vocational Specialist
Community Alliance Omaha, NE
Contributes to the mission of the organization by serving as a member of an inter-disciplinary team comprised of psychiatric, nursing, clinical, rehabilitative, and peer support professionals who provide highly integrated and holistic services designed to promote personal recovery, skill development, individual responsibility, and community stability for persons with serious mental illness, including individuals with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders. Performs the majority of client services in a community, rather than office based setting.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in social work, psychology, education, or other related human service field (or equivalent experience) plus one (1) year experience with vocational placement and support.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and successfully as a member of a multi-disciplinary, inter-professional team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice in the delivery of community-based direct services and recovery principles and service delivery.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds, persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders, family members, behavioral health professionals, government representatives, and the public at large.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize substantial independent, professional judgment, manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and exercise discretion in the delivery of services.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule to include: one evening a week until 8 p.m., one weekend every 6 weeks, and also be on-call. When and while on-call, must be able to respond in person to client need within thirty minutes or less.
- A current, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record.
| Date Posted
August 15, 2019
| Date Closes
September 14, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors
This job is related other jobs in these career categories