Day Rehabilitation Specialist I
Community Alliance Omaha, NE
Community Alliance has been a pioneer and leader in the field of psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery in Nebraska. We believe in the potential of recovery for all individuals with a mental illness. Our mission is more than a saying –it is why we exist and who we are. We are committed to helping individuals with mental illness achieve their unique potential and to live, work, learn and contribute in a community of mutual support. If you are looking for more than a job, join the Community Alliance Team!
DAY REHABILITATION SPECIALIST I
Under the direction and supervision of the site supervisor, an individual employed in this position serves as a member of our collaborative Day Rehabilitation team. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Facilitate psycho education groups which promotes skill development and personal recovery.
- Positively assess individual mental health, co-occurring, and functional strengths and needs.
- Develop and implement plans for goal achievement and evaluate short- and long-term progress on a regular and continuous basis in accordance with program policies and standards.
- Actively assist and promote client development and utilization of relapse prevention plan and wellness self-management goals.
- Has Bachelor's degree in human service or related field, or two years post high school course work in a human services field plus two years relevant experience/training of a professional nature.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in mental health rehabilitation and recovery principles, service delivery, and behavior intervention/management practices on direct service level.
- Has basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness, including persons with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds including persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders, family members, behavioral health professionals, government representatives, and the public at large.
- Demonstrates professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses a valid driver's license and good driving record, or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.
- Experience facilitating groups and comfortable giving presentations.
- Experience in working within the behavioral health services field.
| Date Posted
April 19, 2019
| Date Closes
May 19, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Varies
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
21-1015.00 Rehabilitation Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Different-sex)
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories