Homeless Services Specialist - Transition
Community Alliance Omaha, NE
Community Alliance is a leader in the field of psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery in Nebraska. We believe in the potential of recovery for all individuals with a mental illness. We are committed to helping individuals with mental illness achieve their unique potential and to live, work, learn and contribute in a community of mutual support.
- Serves as a member of a team providing direct assistance to adults with mental illness who are homeless.
- Continues the work of the outreach staff who have begun to prepare individuals for living in the housing situation of their choice.
- Assists with the life adjustments necessary when moving from the months to years of homelessness, to living in an apartment or another housing placement.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service field or related field, or relevant experience of a professional nature,
- Experience (paid or volunteer) with community organizations, especially those serving adults who are homeless.
- Client-focused with basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.
| Date Posted
November 30, 2018
| Date Closes
December 30, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
21-1015.00 Rehabilitation Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Different-sex)
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories