Residential Rehabilitation Specialist (Part Time/Weekends & Evenings)
Community Alliance Omaha, NE
RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST (2nd & 3rd shift available)
Residential Rehabilitation is a 24/7 program providing rehabilitation services to individuals with mental illness within a group living setting.
Serves as a member of a rehabilitation team within a group residence and contributes to the mission of the organization by creating a supportive home for adults with mental illness while preparing them to live more independently. Individuals in this position make a difference in the lives of those they serve by teaching personal, social and community skills and assisting individuals to identify and achieve incremental goals leading to greater stability and personal growth.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services related field, or two years post High School course work in a Human Services field plus two years relevant experience/training of a professional nature.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in mental health and substance abuse rehabilitation and recovery principles, service delivery, and behavior intervention/management practices on direct service level.
- Basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness, including persons with co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse disorders.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds, persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring mental illness, and substance use disorders, family members, behavioral health professionals, government representatives, and the public at large.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to work second shift schedule, including weekends, and holidays as assigned.
- Possession of valid drivers license and good driving record, or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.
| Date Posted
November 30, 2018
| Date Closes
December 30, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Different-sex)
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories